Robot Vacuums VS Cordless Stick Vacuums. The Showdown
Ahh, the trusty vacuum cleaner. It does the job, but are you using the best type of vacuum for your home and lifestyle choices? Vacuum cleaners used to be clunky machines that needed to be plugged into the wall at all times, limiting your cleaning freedom.
Fortunately, technology has come a long way. Not only are they more powerful than ever, but many new models are also cordless and rechargeable - queue cordless stick vacuums and the liberty they bring. However, an even more advanced challenger has presented itself as a formidable opponent in recent years - the robot vacuum cleaner. Not only are they cordless and rechargeable, but they are almost entirely automated. You don't need to do anything at all physically, apart from tapping the 'Start Cleaning' button on your smartphone app. Now, while both types of vacuums are feasible in most homes - which one is best? And which one should you purchase? Our answer may surprise you...
Reasons to Use the Mighty Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Cordless stick vacuums are powerful. While most are not as powerful as their plugged-in counterparts, the best models can more than compete. Regardless, almost all stick vacuums will have more substantial suction capabilities than robot vacuums, if not for anything but their larger size and accompanying motor.
"They're powerful, fast and easy to whip out for a quick but thorough clean."
- You have a smaller space or home to clean. Cordless vacuums run off a battery. Since you're manually cleaning, it's far more efficient if you can clean your whole area in one charge. Cordless vacuums in smaller homes work amazingly. They're powerful, fast and easy to whip out for a quick but thorough clean.
- If you don't often clean and need a device that's perfectly quick and convenient, a cordless stick vacuum is perfect. It's nimble and not bulky. It does the job.
- Cleaning odd spaces and places separate from the house, like your car, is easy. Cordless vacuums are versatile and moveable. Reach high and low areas without having to worry about cords. This benefit also transfers itself to cleaning a car. It's quite simply the most convenient way to vacuum the interior of a vehicle - a place a robot vacuum dare not even consider.
Reasons to Invest in an Innovative Robot Vacuum
- If you live in a one-level home, using most robot vacuum cleaners will be a stress-free experience. While the robot can do almost all the cleaning work by itself, it can't climb stairs. Most robot cleaners will also only store a digital cleaning map for one floor, making multi level cleaning a bit more complicated and somewhat defeating the purpose of cleaning automation.
- You value exciting new tech. Robot cleaners are pretty damn cool. You can control them from anywhere with an integrated mobile app on your phone. Better robot vacuums will even integrate with Amazon's Alexa or Google Home - start the clean with just your voice!
- Pets! Dog hair can be unapologetically incessant. Make cleaning it your robot's problem, not yours. You can set a robot vacuum to clean every day if you wish, eliminating the need to worry about pet hair ever again.
- More than just a vacuum, they can mop too. Boom. A lot of modern robots will also mop your home. While not as thorough as a manual mopping, the added layer of cleaning will go a long way to maintaining hard floors.
Por qué no los dos? Why Not Both!
As you've probably already figured out, there's room for both in most people's cleaning arsenal! We recommend using both for a superior clean and to maximise convenience and function. Indeed, the power of a manual vacuum can't be matched yet by robot cleaners. So, for your primary, deep clean, you'll need a heavier-duty device. If your home is small, then the time savings from using a robot will also be negligible. Use a cordless stick vacuum to clean your car.
"Almost every home can, and should, take advantage of a robot vacuum cleaner."
Robot vacuums make a great backup or a staple for your regular clean. A typical way to use both devices is to set your robot cleaner to run its route regularly (every day or two). Once a week (or less), you can perform a manual clean with your stick device. Almost every home can, and should, take advantage of a robot vacuum cleaner. They're now as affordable as ever and the time savings easily outweigh the cost.
Looking for a Quality Vacuum?
Take advantage of all these great benefits and other features the latest vacuum cleaners have to offer. To do so, you'll need to purchase a vacuum from a brand you can trust, at the forefront of innovation. Roborock is a global leader in the robot vacuum space and is launching a world-first in the cordless stick vacuum space -pre-orders will be announced shortly. You can check out the full range here. If you have any questions or need advice, contact us today.